This beautiful Rainbow glass suncatcher craft kit has been designed so you can make your own Rainbow Shaped suncatcher at home. It contains real specialist art glass, no plastic or imitation “glass” here! It measures approximately 15cm wide by 8cm high.
Pre-Order now for dispatch on 25th May 2020. If you order on or after Monday 25th May, there will be a 10 working day processing time.
Are you a crafter who wants to try something different? This is the kit for you! Worried you don’t have enough creative flair to be able to make your own suncatcher? Fear not! You absolutely can do it. Instructions are supplied as a PDF to guide you in making your own work of art.
The kit includes full instructions, step by step photos and safety guidelines in a PDF. The glass in the kit is all pre-fired which means no sharp bits, they’re all lovely and smooth.
You also have the option to personalise your Rainbow. You can either write your own wording in permanent marker (please don’t use anything else as it might affect the glass in the kiln) which I’ll write over with permanent enamel, or you can opt to tell me what you’d like written and I’ll paint it on using permanent enamel. The enamel gets fired in the kiln to make it permanent. You have a choice of colours for this: Black, White, Silver or Gold.
Pre-order special price: One kit is £23 or buy two kits for £40! Price will increase to £25 per kit after the pre-order finishes on Monay 25th May.
Your finished suncatcher will be fired in the kiln at over 700 degrees to fuse the glass together. This is done on a “tack” fuse, meaning the glass retains its shape and is beautifully tactile.
How it works:
- Buy the kit
- Receive the kit
- Make your own suncatcher
- Take a photo of your finished design (this is really important – if anything happens in transit, I’ll be able to fix it)
- Box it back up in the packaging it came in and send it to me
- I’ll then fire your suncatcher in the kiln, drill a hole and add a hanger
- I send the completed suncatcher to you.
- Turnaround time from me receiving your Suncatcher back to me will be approximately 10 working days.
- There is no time limit for you to return your design to me for firing in the kiln – Perfect to store as Christmas or birthday presents!
- Please include your name and address when returning to me!
It sounds more complicated than it is! This glass suncatcher craft kit is a brilliant way to get creative and have something long lasting to add to your home. Fused glass can be situated inside or outside and doesn’t fade in the sun.
Supplied in the craft kit:
- Pre-fused blank base glass
- Pre-fused 7 colours dots of glass – enough to complete the design in the photos, plus a little bit left over if you want to change or add anything to the design.
- PVA Glue
- 1 x Wooden Stick (for applying glue and moving the glass around)
- 1 x cocktail stick (to apply small dots of glue)
- Return address label
- PDF instructions will be sent when your order is dispatched. You can print at home or read from the screen.
- Postage price includes 2 x postage – Me sending the original kit to you & me sending the final fired suncatcher to you.
What it might be handy (but not essential) to have: Tweezers, Hairspray, Newspaper/scrap paper, Dustpan & Brush
If you are buying this craft kit as a gift, I can send direct to your recipient, just add the address at checkout or send me a message.
If you’d prefer to design your own suncatcher, try my other kit, available in a variety of shapes: here
Disclaimer: You.ve read and will act upon all safety information given. You recognise that there are certain inherent risks associated with working with glass and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and further release and discharge Rainbow Lux Glass for injury, loss or damage arising from use of the kit supplied. If you are intending for children to participate, they must be FULLY supervised at all times. No copyright/intellectual property designs will be accepted.
Please note: No discounts (except My VIP Card) apply to kits. Sorry!
Only available in the UK.