This amazing kit has been two years in the planning and now it’s finally here!
This is a wonderful DIY suncatcher kit which contains everything you need to design and make your own Sun catcher. Are you a crafter who wants to try something different? This is the kit for you! Are you worried you don’t have enough creative flair to be able to make your own suncatcher? Fear not! You absolutely can do it. Instructions and design ideas are supplied in the kit.
You can now create your own beautiful suncatcher at home with this DIY Make at Home suncatcher kit! Available in the UK only at the moment, sorry! The available colours in the kit are; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Purple. You can use some of the colours or all of them, it’s entirely up to you!
You could use the supplied design ideas or create your own masterpiece. The kit comes with full instructions including safety guidelines. Choose from: 12cm Square, 14cm long x 3cm wide or a 12cm Circle
How it works:
- Buy the kit
- Receive the kit
- Design and make your own suncatcher
- Take a photo of your finished design (this is really important – if anything happens in transit, I’ll be able to fix it)
- Box it back up in the packaging it came in and send it to me
- I’ll then fire your suncatcher in the kiln and drill a hole and add a hanger
- I send the completed suncatcher to you.
- Turnaround time from me receiving your Suncatcher back to me will be approximately 1 week
- There is no time limit for you to return your design to me for firing in the kiln – Perfect to store as Christmas or birthday presents!
It sounds more complicated than it is! This kit is a brilliant way to get creative and have something permanent and long lasting to add to your home. Fused glass can be situated inside or outside and doesn’t fade in the sun.
Supplied in the kit:
- Pre-fused blank glass – Your choice of shape
- Dust Mask
- 7 colours of frit in twist top vials
- PVA Glue
- 1 x Wooden Stick (for applying glue and moving the frit around)
- 1 x cocktail stick (to apply small dots of glue for more intricate designs)
- Full instructions including a step-by-step guide and full colour & black and white design ideas.
- Return address label
What it might be handy (but not essential) to have: Tweezers, Teaspoon, Hairspray, Newspaper/scrap paper, Dustpan & Brush
If you are buying this as a gift, I can send direct to your recipient, just add the address at checkout.
More shapes and colours will be added soon!
I’ll be adding photos of finished kits very soon!
Due to the nature of glass craft, the frit (crushed glass) you will be using can often have sharp parts. You must be aware you could cut yourself so please be careful and follow the instructions carefully. You have read and will act upon all safety information given.
You recognise that there are certain inherent risks associated with working with glass and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and further release and discharge Rainbow Lux Glass for injury, loss or damage arising from use of the kit supplied. If you are intending for children to participate, they must be FULLY supervised at all times.
No copyright/intellectual property designs will be accepted.
Please note: Discount codes do not apply to kits. Sorry!