This amazing glass suncatcher craft kit has been two years in the planning and now it’s finally here!
A wonderful DIY suncatcher kit which contains everything you need to design and make your own colourful Sun catcher. It contains real specialist art glass, no plastic or imitation “glass” here!
Are you a crafter who wants to try something different? This is the kit for you! Worried you don’t have enough creative flair to be able to make your own suncatcher? Fear not! You absolutely can do it. Instructions and design ideas are supplied in the kit to guide you in making your own work of art.
The colours included in the kit are; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Purple. Use some of the colours or all of them, it’s entirely your choice! For example, you could use the supplied design ideas in the booklet or create your own design masterpiece. The kit comes with full instructions including safety guidelines.
Choose from: 8cm Square/Circle or 12cm Square/Circle or 14cm long x 3.5cm wide prefused blanks.
How it works:
- Buy the kit
- Receive the kit
- Design and make your own suncatcher
- Take a photo of your finished design (this is really important – if anything happens in transit, I’ll be able to fix it)
- Box it back up in the packaging it came in and send it to me
- I’ll then fire your suncatcher in the kiln and drill a hole and add a hanger
- I send the completed suncatcher to you.
- Turnaround time from me receiving your Suncatcher back to me will be approximately 1 week
- There is no time limit for you to return your design to me for firing in the kiln – Perfect to store as Christmas or birthday presents!
- Please include your name and address when returning to me!
It sounds more complicated than it is! This glass suncatcher craft kit is a brilliant way to get creative and have something permanent and long lasting to add to your home. Fused glass can be situated inside or outside and doesn’t fade in the sun.
Supplied in the craft kit:
- Pre-fused blank glass – Your choice of shape
- 7 colours of frit in twist top vials
- PVA Glue
- 1 x Wooden Stick (for applying glue and moving the frit around)
- 1 x cocktail stick (to apply small dots of glue for more intricate designs)
- Full instructions including a step-by-step guide and full colour & black and white design ideas.
- Return address label
- 2 x Postage is included in the total price – Sending the kit to you and sending the finished suncatcher to you.
What it might be handy (but not essential) to have: Tweezers, Teaspoon, Hairspray, Newspaper/scrap paper, Dustpan & Brush
If you are buying this craft kit as a gift, I can send direct to your recipient, just add the address at checkout or send me a message.
More shapes and colours will be added soon!
The suncatcher in the following photos were made by someone who had never worked with glass before…aren’t they beautiful?!
Disclaimer: Due to the nature of glass craft, the frit (crushed glass) you will be using can often have sharp parts. You must be aware you could cut yourself so please be careful and follow the instructions carefully. You.ve read and will act upon all safety information given. You recognise that there are certain inherent risks associated with working with glass and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and further release and discharge Rainbow Lux Glass for injury, loss or damage arising from use of the kit supplied. If you are intending for children to participate, they must be FULLY supervised at all times. No copyright/intellectual property designs will be accepted.
Please note: No discounts (except My VIP Card) apply to kits. Sorry!
Available in the UK only at the moment, sorry!
Order and delivery information:
Please read the DELIVERY INFO tab above for current processing and delivery times.
“Back-order” means items are made to order and will be sent within the current processing times (found on the Delivery Information tab)
“In stock” means items are ready to post within 3 working days.